Learn about the program
Find a project
- Find a project idea from the main idea page.
- Students can propose your own idea at the students' idea page.
- Begin communicating with the community. Other members of the community can help you refine your idea, and you may meet potential mentors. You should contact sub-projects within the community that can provide mentors for your project idea, and you should join,
Set up an account
If you do not already have an account in the Fedora Account System, create one.
- On the project wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki, create a user page in the format of
User:Yourusername. Do this by opening a new web browser tab and typing in the address
Yourusernamewith your actual Fedora Account System username.
- If you're interested in examples, this user page template provides a basic layout that you can copy. You can also look at the markup for other users' pages. Here's a selection of some that have stood out:
Create your Application
- Login to the fedoraproject.org/wiki using your Fedora Account Credentials.
- Navigate the following URL, replacing <UserName> with your fedora username
- Populate the form on this page with the contents of the following, filling in the necessary details:
- Paste the content from the template page to your wiki page,
(make sure to _omit_ the <pre> tags)
- Save the page and then click 'watch this page' at the top
If you have followed instruction at the above then you have started the first step, you need to refer to GSOC_2013/Student_Application_Process and continue.
Let others know
Let others know about your submission by forwarding your application URL with a brief description about your proposal to the
summer-coding mailing list.
- We cannot overstress the importance of communication. Keep talking, and listening, to the discussion group, to the sub-projects relevant to your proposal and to potential mentors. Be patient, as mentors and other contributors are often very busy people.
- Please follow the below mentioned guide lines as much as possible.