This test case verifies that
adcli info correctly identifies that a domain controller not in its local site may not be completely usable.
- Setting up the requirements for this test is somewhat complex.
- Make sure to complete the prerequisites before starting this test.
- Test general adcli info functionality before doing this test.
- The domain must have multiple sites with one domain controller in each site.
- The domain controller for the non-local site should be writable (the default).
How to test
- Choose a domain controller that is not in the local site. You can use the Active Directory Sites and Services to do this.
- Run adcli to get domain info for the domain controller.
$ adcli info --domain-controller=other-site-dc.domain.example.com
The output should correctly identify the
The output contain the following, which denotes that the controller may not work correctly with adcli from the local machine:
domain-controller-usable = maybe
- Use the
--verboseargument to provide output when troubleshooting or reporting bugs.