This test case retrieves basic information about a domain.
- Make sure to complete the prerequisites before starting this test.
- The domain needs to have proper DNS configuration and the local machine must able to perform DNS resolutions of the domain. See prerequisites.
- No domain credentials are needed for this test.
How to test
- Run adcli to get domain info
$ adcli info domain.example.com
The output should contain the following information. Substitute as expected for your domain.
- The full DNS
- The short NetBIOS
- The closest
- In particular if the domain has multiple sites, then this domain controller should be the one for the site that local machine is a part of.
- Should say
domain-controller-usable = yes
- Should list all the nearby/global
- Should list the local
computer-sitefor the computer.
- Use the
--verboseargument to provide output when troubleshooting or reporting bugs.