QA:Testcase base system logging
(add the 'associated criterion' block)
(adjust associated_release_criterion template invocation)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 21:12, 30 July 2013
This test case tests if system logging infrastructure is available and working as expected.
- Install Fedora using one of the following methods:
- If necessary, reboot your system after the installation.
How to test
- If you are using a graphical environment, open a terminal window.
- Check if system logging facility is working (
tailcan be replaced with
lessin the following):
su -c 'tail /var/log/messages'
su -c 'tail /var/log/secure'
- Log files should not be empty.
- The last entries in logs should correspond to the current date and time.