QA:Testcase base system logging
This test case tests if system logging infrastructure is available and working as expected.
- Install Fedora according to QA:Testcase_Boot_default_install, using one of the release-blocking media (e.g. Workstation live image or Server DVD).
- If necessary, reboot your system after the installation.
How to test
- If you are using a graphical environment, open a terminal window.
- Check if system logging facility is working (
tailcan be replaced with
lessin the following):
su -c 'journalctl -a'
- If rsyslog is installed (for example, on the Server Flavor), check:
su -c 'tail /var/log/secure'
- Log files should not be empty.
- The last entries in logs should correspond to the current date and time.