I'm a bit of a libre software hobbyist.
I like to play with shiny new (or recycled) toys and am willing figure out why things aren't working when I run into problems.
This makes Fedora a good fit for me.
- Email: email@example.com
- GPG key: 1024R/DC5E792D
- Fedora Account: bruno
Activities within Fedora
- I am maintaining the Games Spin and participate in the Spins and Games SIGs.
- I maintain the spin page for the QA Test Day Spin.
- I maintain or co-maintain several packages.
- I file or comment on bug reports fairly often.
- I seem to do a lot of rawhide testing. I also seem to run into some bugs not seen by a lot of other people, so if I don't help, it could be a long wait before those things get fixed.
Personal Task list
- These are things I would like to accomplish in the short term.
- Get meshmagick bulding again after the ogre update to 1.7.
- Get a bugzilla extension developed for allowing indirect blocks and depends on searches.
- Write up Spins SIG job descriptions so that they can be referred to at the upcoming FUDCON (Tempe).
- These are things I'd like to get done in the short term.
- Get chess working again or replace it with ogrechess. (The ogre 1.7 update seems to necessitate changes in the media definitions.)
- These are things I'd like to get done in the long term.
- Allow live images to work directly from a squashfs image rather than a compressed ext image.
Bugzilla Extension development
The plan is to support recursive blocking / depends on queries in bugzilla and allow the use of aliases in such queries. The 4.0 version of bugzilla is being targeted because it supports more hooks, allowing this to be done as an extension (probably) without core code changes. 4.0 is currently in release candidate status. It is unknown when Red Hat would upgrade their bugzilla to 4.0.
- Extension to handle read only views
- Hooks needed
- We really need to subclass the various db subclasses as there isn't an appropriate hook. Probably I'll just do a PG subclass, since that's the only data base I use. Something similar could be done for each db. When the system is configured the one of the new db subclasses would need to get picked instead of the original ones.
- bug_check_can_change_field to prevent changing values in views. Possibly but there isn't an easy way to get back from the field to the table/view information. Another option would be to check when a filed is marked as updatable. Otherwise we will need to rely on admins to not set these values as updatable.
- Relating a field back to the view seems hard to do. May need to rely on people not adding view columns to the update list.
- The above hooks aren't really hooks. We seem to need to be a sub class to do this, but that is generally for DB specific stuff and we may not be able to override these generically. We might end up doing it per DB type.
- Creation order is an issue. Want the view created after the tables it depends on.
- Hooks needed
- Extension to create recursive blocks / depends on view
- With use WITH RECURSIVE which works at least in recent Postres versions and is part of the ANSI standard.
- Hooks needed
- db_schema_abstract_schema to extend the default schema
- Probably need to create a new object class for this table and then use object columns to add the new columns so that Bugzilla can use them.
- Extension to allow aliased by as a query operator.
- Works like match any word handling a list of alias regular expressions and transforming to a list of bug ids.
- Will use a sub select. That may restrict usage by some databases (probably fairly ones at this point), but is part of the ANSI standard.
- Hooks needed
- A plan for how to implement the feature has been developed.
- A set of extension needed to implement this plan have been scoped out.
- The plan has not been verified to make sure it is implementable as currently designed.
- A 4.0 test environment has been set up locally.
Mockup for QA - Tracking bug queries
Queries for finding bugs that directly block a tracking bug that are closed but not verified
- F14 Tracking bugs - Use to check we have queries for all tracking bugs.
- Fedora 14 Blocker
- Fedora 14 Virtualization Target Blocker
- Fedora 14 Beta Blocker
- Fedora 14 Alpha Blocker
- Fedora 14 Anaconda Blocker
- F14 Fails to Build From Source Tracker
- Fedora 14 Blocker KDE Tracker
- Fedora 14 Target Tracker
- Fedora 14 Target KDE Tracker