Ricky Elrod on the 'net
Freenode (nick: CodeBlock): #fedora-admin, #fedora-noc, #phabricator, #rubyonrails, #synhak and a bunch of others.
Slashnet (nick: CodeBlock): #uakroncs
Ham Radio: N8SQL
Google+ (rarely used): https://plus.google.com/106726601246881076299/
What I do within Fedora
- (June 2010) - Sent intro email to email@example.com, started helping out wherever I could.
- (January 2011) - Got funded to go to FUDCon:Tempe_2011. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (February 2011) - Was asked about and gladly accepted entrance into sysadmin-main, the core sysadmin group for the Fedora Project.
- (June 2011) - Won the Fedora Scholarship. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (November 2011) - Started administrating the Fedora Scholarship since the previous winner has the opportunity to run the next year's scholarship.
What I do outside of Fedora (in FOSS)
- I secretly love Ruby and Ruby On Rails, and tend to do web development work using this stack quite a bit.
- I maintain a small number of Ruby Gems.
- I created (and very badly need to re-create) http://da.gd/ and the "framework" that powers it.
- I contribute to Facebook's Phabricator project in my spare time.
- I am trying to make the FOSS bridge between Software and Amateur Radio more obtainable to more people. On a contribution and end-user level. I have at least one project in development right now to contribute to this goal, that will be released (and FOSS once it is) in mid-2012. This project also recently got approved by Kickstarter, so we can soon begin raising money to help make this happen.
- I love learning and playing with a lot of different programming languages.
Non-software things that I do
- I am a part-time student at the University of Akron.
- I am a founding member of The SYN/HAK Hackerspace in Akron, Ohio.
- I am learning Guitar in my free time.
- I play the keyboard for fun. I'm not good at it.
- I love animals.
Things that I find interesting and one-day would like to try, but currently know nothing about
- Airplane piloting.
- Upgrading my Ham Radio license to 'Extra'.