Ricky Elrod on the 'net
Freenode (nick: relrod): #fedora-admin, #fedora-noc, #fedora-apps, #fedora-fedmsg, and a bunch of others.
Internal/Red Hat (nick: relrod)
Slashnet (nick: CodeBlock): #uakroncs
Ham Radio: N8SQL
Google+ (rarely used): https://plus.google.com/106726601246881076299/
What I do within Fedora (current-ish)
- I packaged and maintain a number of packages that I find useful.
- I am also a packager sponsor and currently sponsor a small number of people
- I'm a member of the core infrastructure team
- Web app development
- Server maintenance/upkeep
- I lead the Fedora Mobile Android app project
- I am on the websites team and occasionally fix issues with project websites
Timeline of my Fedora history
- (June 2010) - Sent intro email to email@example.com, started helping out wherever I could.
- (January 2011) - Got funded to go to FUDCon:Tempe_2011. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (February 2011) - Was asked about and gladly accepted entrance into sysadmin-main, the core sysadmin group for the Fedora Project.
- (June 2011) - Won the Fedora Scholarship. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (November 2011) - Started administrating the Fedora Scholarship since the previous winner has the opportunity to run the next year's scholarship.
- (February 2012) - Became an intern at Red Hat (Fedora Engineering Intern).
Perhaps most importantly, I earn badges!
What I do outside of Fedora (in FOSS)
- I love learning about programming paradigms, particularly Functional Programming.
- Along with that, I love learning the math behind it. Type theory and category theory are enjoyable. Provable correctness is amazing. :)
- I maintain a small number of Ruby Gems.
- I created http://da.gd/ and am currently rewriting it in Haskell.
- I sometimes contribute to Facebook's Phabricator project in my spare time.
Non-software things that I do
- I am a part-time student, currently majoring in CS at Youngstown State University.
- I am a founder of The SYN/HAK Hackerspace in Akron, Ohio.
- I am learning calligraphy in my free time.
- I enjoy photography - I shoot Pentax.