Greetings, earthlings! I'm Robyn Bergeron. I do marketing "stuff" for Fedora. Market research is my thing, and strategic marketing is something i consider fun and exciting. But really, marketing stuff in general I can pick up on fairly quickly, so I can wear many hats. :D
I am, as I say, a domestic household engineer, which means I have 2 kids, a man, and usually something planned for burning for dinner. In my former lives I have been a business analyst, a market research analyst, and I'm also a recovering sysadmin. I have no official employer, unless you ask my kids, who quite possibly think that I work for them. :) I also help edit papers for the Ottawa / Montreal Linux Symposium every year; I encourage people to submit papers for and attend this great event, and if you know anything about LaTeX, I would love to have more help. Awesomely, all the work / editing / building of the proceedings for this event is done on fedorapeople.org.
Speaking of Fedora... what, you may ask, do I do within the Fedora Project? I'm a contributor to the marketing team - you have probably seen my emails making calls to the community for participation in things like the F13 release slogan, F13 talking points, and probably many other things. I've also been working on driving market research forward; if you took the Post-FUDCon survey, or have seen me banging the rallying drum for packaging work on Limesurvey on my blog... those are just a few of the things I'm doing, research-wise. As far as other team infrastructure goes - I also run the weekly marketing meeting on IRC sometimes, am one of the admins for the Marketing Trac instance, and one of the sponsors in FAS for new members to the Marketing group. Other things I've done and continue to do include feature profile interviews, make sure that the marketing team is keeping on track to produce our deliverables according to schedule, wikify various marketing things, and in general, just try to restrain myself from volunteering for more than I can actually do. :) I was also delighted to attend the recent Marketing FAD and help drive some of the schedule and deliverables at that event.
In my copious spare time (ha ha ha) I do enjoy a little bit of television (house, mostly; bsg was my former poison. I occasionally pump out the quilts, I have an endless stack of books to read (I like humor, biographies, economic theory), and I make an effort at least once a month to beat up my printer.
How to find me
- IRC: rbergeron - I'm on #fedora-mktg. Note the N at the end of my nick - unfortunately, rbergero is owned by someone else!
- email: robyn DOT bergeron AT gmail.com
- fedora account: rbergero
- facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robynb
- blog: http://wordshack.wordpress.com You may occasionally see my posts on planet.fedoraproject.org - this is the blog where my posts originate from.
- fedora talk: My phone should be arriving anytime now from stickster, who is da man. Thanks stickster!
WIP it, WIP it good
Here's a more specific list of the awesomeness that I'm currently working on.
- | F13 Feature Profiles - I'm be conducting the interview(s) covering F13 Hardware enablements.
- [] - organizing and driving the schedule that will give the Fedora community a platform for doing market research, and hopefully, it will give us back solid, relevant data that we can convert into actionable plans for improvement.
This is where I store my big list of all the
vacations stuff I've got going on in the near future. I'll make a note to put it on my calendar to put my calendar stuff on my calendar. :D