Pantheon Desktop is a new desktop environment being developed by the people that develop Elementary OS. It is written from scratch using Vala and the GTK3 toolkit. With regards to usability and appearance, the desktop has some similarities with GNOME Shell and Mac OS X.
- Name: Wesley Hearn
- Email: whearn X redhat.com
People Involved - Packagers/Volunteers/Contributors
|Name||IRC||Current work||Additional info|
- Targeted release: Fedora 22
- Last updated: 2014-02-13
- Percentage of completion: 5%
Pantheon Desktop is a slick lightweight open-source GTK3/Vala desktop currently being developed for elementary os.
Benefit to Fedora
Will allow users another choice on what desktop they want to run, will help bring more users to Fedora.
- Desktop parts
- wingpanel and the default-indicators:
- Default apps
- maya - calendar
- noise - music player
- pantheon-files - file manager
- scratch - text editor
- pantheon-terminal - terminal emulator
- audience - video player
- Background services
- cerbere - watchdog for other services
- contractor - data-sharing service
- Other packages
- pantheon-greeter (a lightdm-greeter)
- libpantheon (deprecated)
|granite||0.2.3||998483||Wesley Hearn||Granite Framework||Main|
|1.1||1068747||Ryan Lerch||Twitter Client||Additional|
How To Test
Users will be able to install(or use a spin) of pantheon desktop as a alternative to GNOME3/KDE/XFCE
None needed, this is a optional set of packages that can easily be untagged.
- Pantheon Desktop will be available TBD(Hopefully F21-F23).