|BR||Our goal is to promote Fedora and to help promote other Linux and open source projects.||["Marketing"]|
|7 :70% tablewidth="100%" |||Press and Public Relations|
|How To Help|
|Stay in the Loop|
|How can you help?|
How can you help?
There are many ways you can help out -- from big to small. Every contribution helps and every helper on the ground counts.
|The HelpWanted page is always a good place to start if you can't decide where you would like to contribute to the Fedora Project.|
- Represent Fedora at a local event
It does not have to be a Linux event. Think big, go to a music or media trade show and tell them how Fedora can help solve the problems they are facing. Help people understand why open media formats are better than proprietary.
- Speak at a conference near you
If you are looking for ready-made presentations and ideas for talks, visit individual events pages, like FUDCon If you hold a talk, consider sending the slides to Alex Maier , so they can be published for others to use.
- Alert Fedora about an event near you
Add the event to the FedoraEvents list yourself or simply send an email to Alex Maier
- Go to an event listed on Fedora Events page and tell the rest of us on Fedora Marketing List how it went
|If you are unsure of messaging, Fedora Talking Points is always a good source|
|Press and Public Relations|
Press and Public Relations
- Help us liaise with the press
The Press page is a good place to start
- Help spread the word about Fedora
Review our resources for spreading news on all major development updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. Consider picking one or two stories and alerting the press about it.
- Collect [wiki:Self:Marketing/UserTestimonials user testimonials] and publish them on the wiki
- [wiki:Self:Distribution Distribute Fedora] to the public and educate about its advantages
- Solicit Linux User Groups members to use and contribute to Fedora
- Dispel common myths and educate media and the public about Fedora
- Fedora Press Archive
- Fedora Community Rewards Program
Fedora Ambassadors are people like you and me, who go to places where other Linux users and potential converts gather and tell participants about Fedora.
- Represent the Fedora Project to the wider public
- Help spread the word about Fedora, Linux, and Open Source
- Are a point of contact for local community members and channel the feedback to Fedora Project
- Help recruit project contributors
In short, Fedora Ambassadors do everything to help promote Fedora, Linux, and Open Source, and put an individual face on Fedora.
|BR||[wiki:Self:Books Books] BR||[wiki:Self:Marketing/Slides Fedora Presentations] BR||[wiki:Self:Ambassadors/BusinessCards Fedora Business Cards]|
|'Stay in the Loop|
Stay in the loop
If you are interested in helping to market Fedora, start by joining the mailing list. Watch for projects you would like to help with, and then jump on in!
- The Fedora Marketing mailing list , hosts most discussions related to Marketing
- MarketingGroup lists active Fedora Marketing contributors
- [wiki:Self:Marketing/Meetings Meetings] - Regular meetings are held on IRC
- [wiki:Self:Marketing/BrainDump BrainDump] - Marketing sandbox for new ideas, thoughts, and future Marketing goals
- [wiki:Self:Marketing/Schedule Schedule] - Marketing schedule