Below are the goals for the Docs Project guides for Fedora 16. If you want to help, please refer to the Guides Table. From there, you can find a partner for owned guides in progress and find guides in need of adoption.
- 1 Accessibility Guide
- 2 Amateur Radio Guide
- 3 Burning ISO images to disc Guide
- 4 Deployment Guide
- 5 Fedora Live Images
- 6 Installation Guide
- 7 Installation Quick Start Guide
- 8 Managing Confined Services
- 9 Musicians' Guide
- 10 OpenSSH Guide
- 11 Packager's Guide
- 12 Power Management Guide
- 13 Resource Management Guide
- 14 SELinux FAQ
- 15 Security-Enhanced Linux
- 16 Security Guide
- 17 Software Managemente Guide
- 18 Storage Administration Guide
- 19 Technical Notes
- 20 User Guide
- 21 Virtualization Guide
- 22 Wireless Guide
Amateur Radio Guide
Burning ISO images to disc Guide
- Update the “Printer Configuration” chapter
- Update the “X Window System” chapter
- Update the “OProfile” chapter
- Update the “Services and Daemons” chapter with regards to the systemd init daemon
Fedora Live Images
Fix BZ#693635 re. choosing the right architecture for Macs.- In repo --Nathant 19:15 01 September 2011 (UTC)
Fix BZ#709446 re. instructions for installing to hard disk in fallback mode.In repo --Nathant 11:37 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Installation Quick Start Guide
Managing Confined Services
- See the bottom/end of the Guide's Revision_History.xml file for the most accurate list of things to do, and things still to be done.
- crantila is rewriting chapters 12 and 13 (LilyPond and Frescobaldi), so please don't spend time on them.
- All other chapters could use thorough proof-reading, copy-editing, and somebody (who isn't me) to try the tutorials. Much of the Guide still reads like this: To make Rosegarden take commands from another MIDI device, you'll need to connect its output ports to Rosegarden's input ports. I don't know what they are for yet.
- Bugs 665662 and 622168 are long-term goals.
- Looking for a quick way to be helpful? Choose something that isn't ch.12 or ch.13, and start revising!
- Please work on the Fedora 16 draft, because many things have already changed since the Fedora 15 publication.
- A complete rewrite of the outdated Fedora RPM Guide
Power Management Guide
Resource Management Guide
- Policy Kit
- Securing Grid services
- Smart Card
- Confined Users
- Sandbox In progress --Sparks 00:08, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Software Managemente Guide
- KDE GUI (kpackagekit)
Storage Administration Guide
- A new lead/owner is needed. They may find this howto and checklist used for F14 useful:
Update 'Tour of the GNOME desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 12:45, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Connecting to the Internet' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 19:16, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Accessing the Web' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 08:45, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Communications' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:00, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Customizing the desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:00, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Financial Software' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:05, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Managing Software' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:35, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Media' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 10:54, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Office Tools' for GNOME 3 and LibreOffice.In repo --Nathant 11:15, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Playing Games' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 19:05, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Playing Multimedia' for GNOME 3, remove CD/DVD Creator.In repo --Nathant 19:35, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Update 'Sharing your desktop' for GNOME 3.In repo --Nathant 20:00, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- Add instructions for updating the system using GUI tools to 'Managing Software'.
- Update 'Printing' for GNOME 3 -- bcotton