2008 October 29 FESCo Meeting
- Brian Pepple (bpepple)
- Jarod Wilson (j-rod)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- Jon Stanley (jds2001)
- Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
- Josh Boyer (jwb)
- David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
- Karsten Hopp (kick_)
- Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
- FESCo pushed the EFI(1) feature to F11, since it wasn't complete by the devel freeze.
- FESCo approved Java Liveconnect(2) as a feature for F10, even though it was submitted late. They felt this feature warranted giving an exception to, since it's a feature that was created by Fedora that no other distro is providing. NOTE: In the interest of being fair, FESCo will look at giving the features that were dropped due to not meeting the feature freeze deadline the same exception, providing they were completed by the devel freeze.
- Briefly discussed the dates (Dec. 7 - Dec 20) for the upcoming FESCo election.
- FESCo brain-stormed for a bit on ways to improve comps. Some of the ideas were:
- Having a Grand Arbitrator of Comps (notting's name was thrown as a possible candidate)
- Use pkgdb to manage comps
- Making comps a MUST item in the package review.
- In the interim, notting will update the comps wiki page to better clarify what should be included in comps, and FESCo will discuss some more whether to make comps a MUST item in the review process.
IRC log can be found at: http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2008-10-29.html