Fedora Extras Steering Committee Meeting
03 November 2005
- Greg DeKoenigsberg
- Jesse Keating
- Elliot Lee
- Thorsten Leemhuis
- Jose Pedro Oliviera
- Dams Nade
- Enrico Scholz
- Ville Skytta
- Warren Togami
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Seth Vidal
- Jeremy Katz
- Taking kernel-modules discussion on-list due to absences this week
- Elliot and Seth working on shell account handling and the extended fedora project infrastructure for machines outside of red hat's coloc
- old package purging in extras. The purges have happened we dropped 11GB of old packages. The needsign queue still needs to be uniqued before processed. This is on Seth's todo list
- Ville recommended updating the Fesco member list
- Ville recommended updating the fesco page and posting the meeting minutes from past meetings
- Seth volunteers to post the minutes.
- Seth mentions the migration of buildsys.fedoraproject.org to another building. Some downtime will be required in about a week. Will post notes when it is going to happen.
- Some discussion of potential website and CMS redos. Part of this is to do with the merging of fedoraproject.org and fedora.redhat.com. This will go off to the website-list
- Elliot will be looking at zope3 to check for speed
- Seth suggested that fedora have two languages we encourage app and service development in: Statically typed: C, Dynamically Typed: Python. This was met with resounding silence.
- Ville asked about resubmitting a CLA due to changing companies. Elliot will look into the process after Ville verifies that it is necessary.