2007 July 26 FESCo Meeting
- Brian Pepple (bpepple)
- Jason Tibbitts (tibbs)
- Warren Togami (warren)
- Tom Callaway (spot)
- Jesse Keating (f13)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- Jeremy Katz (jeremy)
- Christian Iseli (c4chris)
- David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
- Christopher Aillon (caillon)
- Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
- Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
- Josh Boyer (jwb)
- FESCo elected bpepple as the new chair.
- During the discussion of making Nodoka the default theme for Fedora, Máirín Duffy (mizmo) mentioned that the Artwork Team in prior releases didn't have authority over the default theme, icons, etc. for Fedora.
- FESCo approved a proposal to give the Artwork Team the authority to decide the default theme, icons, etc.
New Feature Proposals Approvals
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId - FESCo approved this proposal.
- jeremy - "what it gains is a much easier way of mapping from binary -> debuginfo that will be less processor intensive and that should eventually allow us to do duplicate dwarf info pruning (which will mean smaller debuginfo) and some other things like that."
- This feature will necessitate a rebuild of packages. FESCo will look into having this rebuild automated.
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePolicyKit - FESCo approved this proposal.
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureApport - Will Woods (wwoods) will push this back, and propose this as a feature for F9.
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureTicklessKernel - FESCo approved this proposal.
- The remaining feature proposal items for this week will be discussed on the fesco-mailing list, since they ran out of time. These items are:
- Ran out of time before being about to discuss Han's question about kmod's. It was mentioned it was just as well, since we wanted some of the kernel guys (davej/cebber) to join in on the discussion. https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-July/msg01428.html
IRC log can be found at: http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2007-07-26.html