2007 August 09 FESCo Meeting
- Brian Pepple (bpepple)
- Jason Tibbitts (tibbs)
- Jeremy Katz (jeremy)
- Tom Callaway (spot)
- Jesse Keating (f13)
- Bill Nottingham (notting)
- Christian Iseli (c4chris)
- Christopher Aillon (caillon)
- Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
- Josh Boyer (jwb)
- Warren Togami (warren)
- David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
- Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
New Feature Proposals Approvals
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FeatureEclipse33 - FESCo approved this proposal.
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureGenericLogos - FESCo approved this proposal.
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IcedTea - FESCo wanted clarification on a few items, before approving this proposal. jwb & tibbs will add their questions to the wiki page.
Bugs blocking new features
- notting brought up a bug that wasn't being fixed that was blocking the disable xfs feature. caillon will contact the bugs owner, and confirm the changes to fix this bug are correct before applying them.
- Skipped for this week, since dwmw2 hasn't had time to write-up the proposal yet.
- FESCo approved a proposal that rebuilds in future releases will only be done if there is a technical reason for it. (i.e. not doing rebuilds just for cosmetic reasons).
- We will be rebuilding for F8, since it's necessary due to the License Tag change & BuildID feature.
- The rel-eng team is tentatively planning to do the rebuild between F8Test2 & F8Test3.
Default commit acl for new packages
- Brief discussion on what the default acl for new packages should be (cvsextras or owner only). No decision made, and will discuss some more at next week's meeting.
IRC log can be found at: http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2007-08-09.html