F14 Artwork Theme Concepts
Go back to F14_Artwork.
General Ideas About Theme Concept
Fedora 14 codename is Laughlin. This is the right place to propose concepts and ideas based on this name for the F14 artwork.
Kyle Baker's concept was voted on as the default wallpaper concept for Fedora 14:
The source for his concept is available here:
The Fedora 14 codename is Laughlin. Robert Laughlin, a 1998 Nobel Prize winner in Physics, argues for emergence which is a concept that says "The whole is more than the sum of its parts." The winning Fedora 14 default wallpaper concept is Kyle Baker's concept, which is meant to depict many lines coming together to form a solid whole. It was designed in Blender, with the current conceptual rendering tweaked with the Gimp.
A full summary of the decision is available on the design-team mailing list.
Please, remix and rework these files to help us get our Fedora 14 alpha wallpaper ready for 30-July-2010!
Iterations on Kyle's winning concept:
Iteration #1 on Kyle's F14 concept by Fabian A. Scherschel
Iteration #2 on Kyle's F14 concept by Fabian A. Scherschel
Iteration on Kyle's F14 concept by Kyle Baker
- 9 votes Kybaker
- needs more fedora blue
- needs more blue instead of black
- needs more shiny things
- needs be less sickening
- too dark
- favorite is the last one
- I show it to some users and the first comment was that it's kind of
- 8 votes Schendje
- shape is too rough but it could be fixed
- fractal should be smaller and placed in different position
- concept has potential, it will be interested with a combination of first kyle concept and jaymes Ayre
- fractal is too big
- 6 votes Jayme's concept
- needs to be more alive
- it's a little plain
- good potential to work with because SVG
- kind of generic - a design often used in wallpapers
- remenber some old kde wallpapers
- 3 votes Tatica's atom concept
- needs to be less FC6-like
- atomos is interesting but it remains solar somehow
- 1 vote Mythcat concept
- not the particular execution maybe, but... the bubbly threads, like
trails, weaving together, uh... not sure exactly what it is but it reminds me of stigmergic collaboration wrt ants and such