FEDORA COMMUNITY USABILITY TEST
- Date/Time: ________________________
- FAS Account: _____________________
Introduction / First Impressions
- Have you seen this site before? If so, where did you hear about it?
- Have you used this site before? If so, what have you used it for? How did that go? How often have you used this site?
- (On front page) What are your first impressions, looking at this site now?
- (On front page) What do you think this site is?
- (On front page) Any other comments you'd like to make about this site?
- (On front page) What do you think of this page? Where would you click first?
TASK SET I
- View your profile on this site. What do you think about it? Is the information accurate? Do your group memberships seem accurate? Do your package affiliations seem accurate?
- You've just spoken with Dennis Gilmore and he's asked you to open a ticket for him in a fedorahosted.org trac instance. In order to cc Dennis on the ticket, you'll need to figure out his FAS account name. Where would you go to look it up?
- Do you have any unpushed updates? Where would you go to look this up?
- How are your builds doing? Where would you go to look this up?
- Let's say you have a friend who is a little bit behind the times - she is running Fedora 9. There's an annoying Inkscape bug that bothers her - after searching the internet for a bit you found out the bug is fixed in Inkscape version 0.47.
- Is Inkscape version 0.47 available in Fedora 9 for your friend?
- If Inkscape version 0.47 is not available for Fedora 9, can you download an SRPM here to build it for her?
TASK SET II
- You need help with yelp. Who's the package maintainer?
- Luke Macken is going away on vacation for a couple of weeks and he's asked you to look over his packages while he's gone. How many packages does he have, and do any of them need attention? Where would you go to look this up?
- How would you file a bug against NetworkManager using this system?
- What has changed in the 'ruby' package over the last few updates? Where would you go to look this up?
- How's the karma of your current testing updates doing? How would you check up on this in Fedora Community?
- How well does Fedora Community support your package maintenance workflow?
- Would you use Fedora Community to help maintain your packages? Which parts?
- Is there any essential functionality missing from Fedora Community that would help you maintain your packages more easily?
- Did you learn anything about Fedora Community's functionality through this test?
- What do you think is the most useful function of Fedora Community?
- What are the least useful functions of Fedora Community?