Fedora Project Wiki/FUDCon Cordoba 2014
- Matias Maceira (Event Owner)
- Valentin Basel (Event Owner)
- Laura Fontanesi (Event Owner)
- Rino Rondan
- Matias Kreder
- Ezequiel Cardinali (Designer)
- Adrian Soliard
- Jose Luis Todea
- Matías Cardero
The proposal consists of 4 consecutive days from October 1st until October 4th 2014.
- Wednesday: Arrived. Tourist tour around the city. Welcome dinner.
- Thuesday: Barcamp.
- Friday: Barcamp.
- Saturday: FUDpub.
Strategically located in the center of Argentina, Córdoba province, with its important potential tourism, offers everything and more for the events organization, conferences, fairs and incentives. It's a territory that has many host cities that provide various services, exceptional scenic beauty and an important historical - cultural heritage. The favorable climate that offers all the year, coupled with its international airport routes access, telecommunications, large hotel infrastructure and venues, cuisine first level, casinos and shopping are just some of the factors that position Córdoba as highly competitive venue for the successful implementation of international events.
Useful information about the province
- Area: 165.321 km²
- Capital province: Córdoba
- Population: 3.066.801
- Distance from Buenos Aires capital: 700 km.
- Weather: mediterranean, mild y subtropical with dry season.
- Average annual temperature: 18 - 21°C
- Average annual precipitation: 500 - 800 (mm)
- Meters above sea level: 352 - 544
- Calling code: International: 54 351. From Argentina: 0351.
Ingeniero Aeronáutico Ambrosio L.V. Taravella International Airport
Transportfrom and to the airport
It is easily accessible using public or private transport. We have chosen for organizational reasons, hire a private service with estimated cost 500 USD (considering 25 people).
- Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/ - Our main sponsor
- Córdoba Turismo: http://www.cordobaturismo.gov.ar/ - FudPub
- E.C.I.C. Systems S.A.
Pro and cons about the proposed location
- By strategic location and its air and land transport:
Córdoba has a strategic location in the bi-oceanic corridor MERCOSUR, with connections and direct scheduled flights (national and international) to major Latinamerican cities (Panamá, São Paulo, Rio do Janeiro, Santiago de Chile, and Lima) and country (Buenos Aires, Rosario, Tucumán, Mendoza, Salta, Iguazú, Resistencia, San Juan and Santiago del Estero). Besides the capital city has a bus terminal station, trains and an important fast access road network to the main tourist areas of the province.
- By optimus infrastructure:
- + 200.000 m² covered area dedicated to events
- + de 3000 Five, four and three hotel rooms
- 8 Venues at universities
- By services:
- Tour Operators, Incoming Agencies and Tourism Guides.
- Highly trained HR event.
- Offer specific services for events and ancillary providers generation.
- Hospitality: all categories.
- Regional and international gastronomy.
- Major commercial centers.
- By culture, history and nature:
- Practice ecotourism and adventure.
- Serrano Circuit reached in a few minutes.
- City heritage - Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Prestige of their universities and institutions of higher education.
- LEISURE + RECREATION + CULTURE
- + than 200 Restaurants
- + than 20 Theaters
- + than 50 Movies room
- + than 10 Casinos
- + than 20 Museums
- + than 15 Culture Centers
- + than 5 Shoppings
- The only disappointment that we perceive is the instability of the costs due to inflation facing the country, and that prevents us making an accurate estimate.
Option 1: Universidad Blas Pascal
The University has appointed an adequate infrastructure for this type of event and attracts a quality audience and participatory.
Option 2: Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Regional Córdoba
It is located in the center of the Córdoba city, for its location and for being considered one of the most important engineering studies, we see it as a potential candidate.
Considered as major airports, which are located in the capital cities of each country
|Buenos Aires||Chevallier||USD 140||direct|
|Miami||Lan||USD 1260||1 connection|
| USD 1540
| 2 connections |
|Houston|| United Airlines
| USD 1492
| 1 connections |
| USD 1737
| 2 connections |
|San José de Costa Rica|| Avianca
| USD 1776
| 1 connection |
|Panamá||Avianca||USD 947||2 connections|
|Quito||Lan||USD 628||2 connection|
|Santiago de Chile||Argentina airlines||USD 382||direct|
|Lima||Argentina airlines||USD 460||1 connection|
|Montevideo||Argentina airlines||USD 295||1 connection|
|Asunción||Argentina airlines||USD 570||1 connection|
|Bogotá||Lan||USD 963||1 connection|
|Caracas||Argentina airlines||USD 2265||2 connections|
|La Paz||LAN||USD 890||2 connections|
|São Paulo||Lan||USD 339||1 connection|
|Managua||Copa||USD 1196||2 connections|
We have considered two options for receiving ambassadors: the first is a four star hotel located at the city center (King David hotel), often chosen for conferences and events of this nature, the second corresponds to a Hostel also located at central area booking all seats for the occasion. In giving the latter a difference in significant costs, our idea is to call as many members of our Fedora FUDCon.
|Star Rating||Hotel Name||Reference Price||Condition|
|* four starts||King David flat Hotel||127 USD per triple room||internet, private room (breakfast not included)|
|* two starts||Babilonia Hostel||15 USD per person||internet, shared bathroom (breakfast not included, we have free access to the kitchen area.
Breakfast costs 5 USD S per person,we can arrange to bring us.
Transport to FUDCon
From any of the 2 properties mentioned, the conference would be accessed using a private transport, this would be around 300 USD the whole event for everyone.
To define at the event.
With the help of Cordoba Tourism Agency , which will absorb the costs of transfer dated more than 3 months ahead, we have chosen an itinerary for the day Saturday including:
- Walk in Alta Gracia 35 kms from Cordoba city, include a visit to La Casa - Museo del Che Guevara y Estancia Jesuítica (UNESCO Heritage).
- La cumbrecita: 125 kms from the Cordoba city, is the firsf Argentina pedestrian town village and is
designed on the side of the Sierras Grandes within a framework of peace and local cuisine amazing.
- Dique Los Molinos
- === Pre-registration ===
- Add your name to the list if you will attend. FUDCon is free and open for everyone to attend.
- After the bidding phase is over, this information will be used for the actual registration.