Fonts spec template notes/font-family
- A font family corresponds to one entry in GUI font lists. For example, DejaVu Sans, DejaVu Serif and DejaVu Sans Mono are three different font families.
- A font family is subdivided in faces or styles. DejaVu Sans Normal, DejaVu Sans Bold, DejaVu Sans Condensed Italic are three faces of the DejaVu Sans font family.
- A font-metadata aware tool such as gnome-font-viewer or fontforge can be used to check the font family name and the font face/style declared by a font file.
- Simple, but sadly not available in each and every Fedora release.
- Type <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + <F> to open the font metadata window in fontforge.