GSOC 2012/Student Application Alexandermezin
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog URL: http://sanya-m.blogspot.com/ (it is empty now)
- Freenode IRC Nick: sanya-m
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
1. I want to improve OS which I use every day. First of all, it will make my life easier.
2. I found a proposal that is very interesting to implement: Summer_coding_ideas_for_2012#Java_API.2FABI_changes_checker
3. I want to participate in development of a big real-world project. I didn't have such experience yet.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor (if possible please add some references as well)?
1. No, this is my first time.
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
1. Last year I proposed an improvement to SDL(), but they didn't find mentor for me.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program, if yes, which team(s)/area(s), you are interested with?
1. Of course I will continue improving project I'm done.
2. I'm interested in improving laptop support. I got a new laptop, and found that can't use some hardware under Linux.
3. I use Eclipse as my main IDE, so maybe I'll contribute to Fedora Eclipse project.
Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
1. I propose a project that I really want to implement, so I won't give up on my project after month or two.
2. I have experience in writing code in C++, Java, C#. Basically it is experience gained from courses in university. Part of my code is hosted on github: 
3. I can learn new things very fast, if these things are related to programming. So if it will be needed to use some library/tool unknown to me, I will be able to learn how to use it and finish project.
4. I have experience of participating in ACM ICPC and other coding competitions, so I know how to test and optimize code.