- 1 Bringing the Cloud to the Fedora Desktop
- 1.1 Contact Information
- 1.2 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- 1.3 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor?
- 1.4 Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- 1.5 Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program?
- 1.6 Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
- 1.7 Proposal Description
- 1.7.1 An overview of your proposal
- 1.7.2 The need you believe it fulfills
- 1.7.3 Any relevant experience you have
- 1.7.4 How do you intend to implement your proposal
- 1.7.5 Final deliverable of the proposal at the end of the period
- 1.7.6 A rough timeline for your progress
- 1.7.7 Any other details you feel we should consider
- 1.8 Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
Bringing the Cloud to the Fedora Desktop
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: (57)3102140328
- Blog URL: G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/ soonly I'll make a blog
- Freenode IRC Nick: chevitasxd
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
I've been a Fedora user for the past two years and believe that Fedora's approach to open source is superior to many other communities, as evident by it's longevity and strong user and contributor base. I am aiming to join this community as Fedora is "the place" to contribute to the open source community.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor?
First time developing open source.
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
No, I had not.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program?
If given the opportunity, I'd be very interested in continuing my work on Fedora at infrastructure or Cloud programming.
Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
I'm a dedicated student, very curious and willing of learn more and more, despite of other people, I love to learn and work; it makes me happy to know how to do more things; but all of this is so I can innovate more more, I think, that the only proposal of learnig is only to make new things, and I'm the kind the person that likes to think out of the box. So by making this project I'm sure to gain experience and be more active at the open source world.
Please describe your proposal in detail. Include:
An overview of your proposal
Integrate Aeolus (focusing on Conductor) and it's util to fedora desktop, so you can manage the clouds it offers to people.
The need you believe it fulfills
The way people manage clouds, so it's integrated in one.
Any relevant experience you have
C, Java, learning Haskell and Ruby, I worked at my University, giving technical support with infrastructure, deploying virtualization servers, and making management of Linux desktops. and servers.
How do you intend to implement your proposal
First to learn Ruby and implement some kind of Facade pattern, and Command Pattern to control Aeolus and it's components; and furthermore learn about GTK to make the GUI.
Final deliverable of the proposal at the end of the period
GUI to control clouds service controlled by Aeolus Conductor.
A rough timeline for your progress
Two weeks to learn the technology; then 8 weeks implementing a layer to connect the GUI with the Aeolus components; and in the final weeks designing and implementing the GUI.
Any other details you feel we should consider
It's the great possibility I have to finish my Graduate Thesis during May - August; due my partner is planning to travel to Study to France we had to move to an early date the delivery of our Thesis.
Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
Yes, with Mo Morsi through email.