- Your name: Xiongzhi Gao
- FAS Account: Brickgao
- Fedora userpage: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Brickgao
- Email Address: brickgao (at) gmail.com
- Blog URL: http://blog.brickgao.com
- Freenode IRC Nick: Brickgao
NOTE: We require all students to blog about the progress of their project. You are strongly encouraged to register on the Freenode network and participate in our IRC channels. For more information and other instructions contact Org Admins.
please answer following questions
- 1 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- 2 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or any other open source project as a contributor?
- 3 Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- 4 Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2014 program, if yes, which team(s), you are interested with?
- 5 Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
I love linux and I use Fedora as one of my main operating systems. I think fedora is a great operating system and fedora is a great community. I believe GSoC will be a good opportunity for me to take part in the community and make some contribution ;)
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or any other open source project as a contributor?
- I participated in translating the document of Jekyll into Chinese, you can find it on http://jekyllcn.com .
- I fixed some mistakes in the document of flask-bootstrap .
- I participated in the project named inchobot which is a bot to help you hand in your homework, you can find it on https://github.com/Madhouse42/inchobot .
- I took part in designing a instruction set for CPU, you can find it on https://github.com/Madhouse42/CPU_Exercise .
- I also wrote some web service and some tools, you can find them on my Github account .
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
No, this is my first year to participate in GSoC programs.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2014 program, if yes, which team(s), you are interested with?
I will. I think I will continue to develope the project (shumgrepper) that I work on. And there are some other Python/Node projects that I am interested in, such as fedmsg, I am sure I’m going to make much effort to develop them in the coming future.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- I have used linux for two years and have a good understanding of it.
- I devote myself to coding. I have strong and continuous desire to learn and discover more in order to adapt to fast-changing information era.
- I have used Python since last year. I am eager to add more value to make it a better lanauage to use and operate.
- I wrote two web projects using Flask and SQLAlchemy which demonstrates my ability to code using Flask and SQLAlchemy.
- I have good interpersonal skills, which enables me to coordinate better with my partners.