Asterisk (or CallWeaver?) Server for Fedora Events
Name: Karsten Wade
Wiki Name: KarstenWade
Fedora Account Name: kwade
Group: Fedora Documentation
Infrastructure Sponsor: DennisGilmore
Secondary Contact info
Name: Jared Smith
Wiki Name: JaredSmith
Fedora Account Name: jsmith
Project Name: Asterisk Server for Fedora Events
Target Audience: Attendees of online FUDCons and other conferences
Expiration Date (required): Current - 6 August; ongoing plans to keep the image for redeployment
Description/Summary: We'd like to offer Asterisk VoIP conferencing during the upcoming online FUDCon/hackfest. This would be a single, common codec that could be used by Fedora-based SIP clients (e.g., ekiga). In addition, the Asterisk image could be brought up for future Fedora events, Fedora Board meetings, etc.
Project plan (Detailed):
Goals: Improve resolution of conference discussions.
Specific resources needed
- Dedicated Xen guest
- Fedora 7 (EPEL probably doesn't have the necessary dependencies to build the complete Asterisk package).
- 10G disk space (unless we are going to record things)
- 1G RAM
- Firewall ports
- SIP - UDP and TCP ports 5060 (UDP will only be used for now - reserve TCP port for when Asterisk supports it)
- IAX2 - UDP port 4569
- RTP - UDP ports 10000:10500 (allows up to 250 simultaneous calls - 2 ports per call)
Additional Info (Optional)
- Use app_conference instead of MeetMe so that zaptel kernel modules don't have to be installed.