LinuxWorld SF 2008
Fedora's purposes for attending this show, in order of importance:
- Meet people from other prominent projects and look for collaborative opportunities
- Represent the Fedora Project to newcomers at the booth
- Mass trans:
- Expo floor is August 05, 06, and 07 2008
- Tue 05 Aug 10 am to 5 pm
- Wed 06 Aug 10 am to 5 pm
- Thu 07 Aug 10 am to 4 pm
- Setup/booth duty schedule below
- Fedora Booth in .Org Pavilion on Floor
- Fedora BoF (schedule unknown yet) ???
Karsten is receiving this in Santa Cruz and bringing up on Tuesday morning.
- (20) Fedora tshirts (L)
- (20) Fedora tshirts (XL)
- (10) Fedora tshirts (M)
- (300?) Fedora 9 Live CDs
- (300?) Fedora 9 DVDs
- (15) shirts (cruft line item?)
- (40) stickers
- (15) 2G USB keys (OSCON + Karsten's kit)
- (15) pens (OSCON + Karsten's kit)
ISVs, providers, and projects we want to chat with about getting in to Fedora
(T) indicates a Traveller to the event; (L) indicates a Local.
Booth Schedule and Setup
We need volunteers to man the following schedule. If everyone takes a 2-hour session once a day, we should have more than enough booth coverage.
- Setup, Tuesday 8am: Karsten; Larry
- Tue. 10am-noon: Larry; (name2)
- Tue. noon-2pm: Karsten; (name2)
- Tue. 2pm-5pm: (name1); (name2)
- Wed. 10am-noon: Larry; (name2)
- Wed. noon-2pm: Karsten; (name2)
- Wed. 2pm-5pm: (name1); (name2)
- Thu. 10am-noon: Karsten; (name2)
- Thu. noon-2pm: (name1); (name2)
- Thu. 2pm-5pm: (name1); Karsten
- Teardown, Thursday 5pm: EVERYBODY :)
- Hand out what swag we have on hand.
- Live CDs and DVDs until we get to the last ~50, then consider timing and if we need to save for various reasons to ensure we have some until show end
- T-shirts can only go to people who contribute to Fedora, due to limited supply.
- Tell your contributor story on video?
- Otherwise give an endorsement?
- Tell us why we should use Fedora, maybe earn a 1/2 hour at the booth
- Hand out collateral: WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN FEDORA (need to create)
- Still do this?
- Install on USB keys for those who are interested
- who is providing machine to do installs?
- Have a limited supply of live USBs pre-built, either to swap or give away for select situations
- Journalists, active contributors, etc.
- Walk new contributors through signup process.
- Is internet access available on the floor? Last year you had to pay for it
- Keep track of budget below (Jack)
- Write and design collateral (Jack)
- Come up with the detailed list of everything we need to have for setup (Jack)
- Marketing slicks
- Booth banner
- USB station
- Get details on BoF (Jack)
- Figure out final schwag requirements (Jack)
- Figure out advertising strategy (Jack)