Meeting:Community Architecture 2008-06-02
Max Spevack, Jack Aboutboul, Harish Pillay, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, Mark Newton, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Karsten Wade, Rahul Sundaram
Chat with Mark Newton, the new head of JBoss.org
- Allow better communications between users at JBoss.org
- Right now, users have wiki, forums, mailing list. Old tools, old technologies.
- A rather meandering discussion about differences btwn Fedora and JBoss.org
- Solving the packaging difficulties that we face is important to Fedora. How important is it to JBoss?
Review our goals page, and update/modify for Q2.
- Are the goals the right ones, correctly articulated?
- Are we making progress?
- Are the right people assigned to the right things?
- What's new that needs to be added?
- What's old that needs to be culled?
- LinuxTag trip report needs to be finished.
- Travel and prep for EMEA marketing meetings in Berlin with mchen.
- Websites, FAMSCo, and Fedora Weekly News.
- Budget work, as always.
- Need to really start getting on the ball for FUDCon Brno.
- IMPORTANT -- I will continue to handle FUDCon from an expense point of view, but I don't have any time to do further assistance from a logistical point of view. All I can do now is pay bills and make sure we stay under budget.
- Get in touch with Patrick Macdonald at JBoss, to have The Packaging Discussion.
- Create hackfest @ FUDCon for this topic.
Last two weeks' achievements
- Meeting with D-P van Leeuwen in Amersfoort.
- Expense reports & budget stuff for the end of Q1.
- LinuxTag preparations, and all of LinuxTag itself, including Fedora Ambassador Day.
- Many meetings at LinuxTag, will be summarized in trip report.
- Get FUDCon travel arranged and purchased.
- Ping a school in The Hague about a presentation.
- Submit talks to LUG Radio Live, FrOSCon, OpenExpo.
- Lots of random email.
- Meeting with mchen and gdk.