Norfolk Maker Faire 2012
Norfolk Virginia Maker Faire 2012
10am-5pm October 20, 2012
- Event Link
- A Maker Faire is about celebrating learning and doing – not the finished and perfect end product. It’s a place to share what we’re learning with others, and celebrate the fun and freedom of being an amateur.
Featuring both established and emerging local “makers,” the Mini Maker Faire Norfolk is a family-friendly celebration coming to Hampton Roads for the first time on Saturday, October 20th, 2012. It may feature rockets and robots, DIY science and technology, urban farming and sustainability, alternative energy, bicycles, unique hand-made crafts, and educational workshops and installations.
- Other local Ambassadors have been contacted and some may commit as the day gets closer and their calendars firm up.
- Jamie will also be recruiting from his LUG and Hackerspace contacts for volunteers.
- Currently the event is planned as a Faire more than a Conference. We will endeavor to have the table manned from start to finish. We also plan on having a few fun demos there up to but not limited to RPi boards, BeagleBoards, and possibly a 3d Printer using Fedora as a base to create/convert files.
- Table space was requested on 8/22.
- Right now we should have it covered. It's essentially a free event.
- If Fedora would like to sponsor the event, it's available | here