This page is for documenting the process of Onboarding Students who have coursework that involves Fedora. While students are not a separate class of contributors their coursework often demands accelerating the process considerably.
There are administrative things that simply must be done before the real work begins. This should be taken care of at the earliest so as not to create constraints later.
- Get a Fedora Account
- Submit GPG key (generate if necessary)
- Submit SSH key (generate if necessary)
- Sign CLA
- Sign up for project-specific mailing lists
- Send introduction email
- Find/Join the IRC channel where project contributors hang out
- Introduce yourself on the project channel - find out who to ask for help.
- Apply for appropriate groups within FAS
Tools and Environment
You may already be familiar with the tools that you will be using, but it's likely that there is at least some new tool that you will have to learn.
- Find out what tools you will be using
- Source Control
- Find out the locations of the material you will be working with