This test is intended to confirm that anaconda can locate and use an installation source accessible via anonymous FTP.
How to test
- Boot the installation program using any available means (netinst/boot.iso, DVD or PXE)
- Direct anaconda to use FTP as the installation type by adding the boot command:
- When prompted, check On the network and choose to perform a FTP install
- Enter the URL to your FTP installation source. For example, you might enter:
- Proceed with the installation
- Anaconda uses the
images/install.imgfrom the FTP server provided. This can be confirmed if you have access to the FTP server logs. Alternatively, you can examine the file
/var/log/anaconda.loglooking for a line similar to the following
INFO : URL_STAGE_MAIN: url is ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/images/install.img
- Anaconda uses the package repository from the FTP server provided.
- Anaconda completes successfully
- System boots successfully