QA/TestCases/LUKS Select encryption (fs on partition of RAID device (md0))
Support the use of encrypted filesystems for anything other than /boot using cryptsetup and LUKS. This includes install time creation/configuration, as well as integrated support in mkinitrd and initscripts (others?). Currently we are only pursuing support for encrypted devices using cryptsetup/LUKS.
When using encrypted file systems/block devices, the functionality should continue to work as expected, and not create situations where the encryption leads to undesired errors.
Steps To Reproduce
- start the installer
- enter the disk druid paritioning screen
- verify existing RAID device member partitions (such as sda1), OR
create new RAID device member partitions
- Create a new RAID filesystem (such as device md0)
- select the "encrypt" checkbox for the partition using the new device
- enter a passphrase for the partition
- continue the installation
in post-install system, verify:
- a passphrase for the RAID device (such as device md0) is required to access it
- an entry for the filesystem using the RAID device (md0) exists in /etc/crypttab