QA:Testcase Anaconda User Interface VNC Password
This test verifies the vnc option vncpassword work as expected. See Anaconda/Options for more information.
- Requires two systems able to communicate over the network, one to test the installation and a second to initiate the VNC client session
- Install a VNC client application. The package
can be used. This test will use
yum install /usr/bin/vinagre
How to test
- Boot the installer with the following command-line options (added as a kernel option in boot selection screen). Replace
<password>with a password of your choosing.
- Watch the text messages printed out, you should see something like this:
Running anaconda 15.31, the Fedora system installer - please wait. 09:59:01 Starting VNC... 09:59:02 The VNC server is now running. 09:59:02 You chose to execute vnc with a password. 09:59:02 Please manually connect your vnc client to 192.168.1.17:1 to begin the install. 09:59:02 Starting graphical installation.
- Using a VNC client, connect to the specified address. When prompted, enter the
passwordprovided in the previous step.
- Using the VNC client session, complete the installation as desired
- Anaconda starts Xvnc properly
- User can connect with VNC client using a valid password
- VNC works normally during installation (mouse, keyboard)
- Anaconda completes successfully
- The installed system boots into runlevel 3 (no graphical session)