This test is designed to verify printing to a network-based printing using an IPv6 address. Note, please see ipv6(7) for details on specifying raw IPv6 addresses.
- Check if the network printer is capable of IPv6 network addressing. You may need to consult the owners manual for the printer.
- Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for enabling IPv6 networking with the printer.
How to test
- Add the new printer by starting
system-config-printer. Select Add and choose Network Printer. Select the appropriate print driver, and be sure to enter the Host using the IPv6 address. Once added, attempt to print a test page.
- Print this page by pressing
<Control>p. Select the appropriate IPv6 printer, select Print.
- Print the file
lpcommand. Note, if multiple printers are configured, you may need to use the
-dparameter to select the correct printer.
- Adding an IPv6 printer using
system-config-printercompletes and prints a test page successfully.
- Printing using
- Printing using the
lpcommand completes successfully