QA:Testcase NM nmcli
This test case cover Network Manager configuration via nmcli.
Have LAN connection available, preferably with IPv4/IPv6 dualstack support.
How to test
nmcli nm statusto get actual Network Manager state. Disable and re-enable wireless using GUI and hardware switch.
- Disable and re-enable wireless using
nmcli nm wifi offand
nmcli nm wifi on.
nmcli con listto get informations about connections.
- Activate connection using:
nmcli con up id "NAMEand deactivate using:
nmcli con down id "NAME
nmcli dev statusto show current interfaces status and compare it with
ip link. Try disconnect and reconnect interfaces in random.
- Get list of available wireless networks
nmcli dev wifi list
- Connect to open, WEP or WPA-PSK wireless network using:
nmcli dev wifi connect 'SSID' password 'password' wep-key-type keyand disconnect using:
nmcli dev disconnect iface wlan0
nmcli nm statusshould inform about actual Network Manager state. "WIFI" should reflect GUI status and "WIFI-HARDWARE" hardware status.
- Check if wireless is disabled and re-enabled using
nmcli con listshould show correct "NAME and "TYPE", compare it with your desktop GUI.
- Connection can be activated and deactivated properly.
- "nmcli" and "ip" interfaces state should match. "nmcli" should inform correctly about interfaces state.
- Compare results with
iwlist scancommand. "nmcli" should provide same informations.
- You can successfully connect and disconnect from wireless network.