QA:Testcase Power Management tuned
This test will measure the same data as personal test (time your CPU spent in different C states and frequencies) but when your computer is idle and tuned daemon is enabled.
ETA: 7 minutes
How to test
- Switch into single mode. There are two possibilities:
su -c "init 1"
- Or reboot your machine and change kernel parameters:
- Reboot and when GRUB menu appears select your system and press [E] to edit it.
- Select line starting with
kerneland press [E].
- Add parameter
singleat the end of this line and pres [Enter] to confirm.
- Press [B] to boot.
- Start 'tuned':
service tuned start
- Start networking:
ifconfig eth0 up
- Run the test:
- Read the instructions provided and start the test by pressing any key.
After the test you can switch to X11 either by rebooting (
reboot) or changing runlevel to 5 (
The results will be stored in
/usr/share/testday-091022/results directory with timestamp. Do not modify anything in this directory.