QA:Testcase Preupgrade from older release
This case tests upgrading a Fedora system from the previous stable release (Fedora 24) to the branched release (Fedora 26) using PreUpgrade.
How to test
- Perform an installation of the stable release (e.g. Fedora 24) with default partitioning (500MB for
- Do a full system update
preupgradefrom a command prompt or the Run Application dialog. Provide the requested password for root authorization.
- On the Choose desired release screen, enable unstable test releases.
- Choose Fedora 26 (Branched) from the list of available upgrade targets, then click Apply.
- When the process completes, click Reboot.
- The system should reboot, perform the upgrade, and reboot into the new system automatically.
- Log in to upgraded system, open a terminal, file browser, or other system applications.
- The preupgrade utility will run to completion, without error
- The upgrade should complete and reboot without user assistance.
- The user is not prompted to address low disk space in
- The system should be upgraded to new version without error.
- The opened terminal, file browser, or other system applications should display and work correctly.