QA:Testcase Printing Duplex
This test case describes the scenario of printing a document with the "duplex" setting enabled, i.e. printing on both sides of the paper.
How to test
- Create a document using OpenOffice.org that is three pages long; make sure that the pages can be distinguished from one another by writing e.g. "Page 1", "Page 2", "Page 3" on them.
- Print two copies of the document, with double-sided printing enabled and with "collate" enabled (so that the printed pages can be easily separated into copies)
- Export the document as PDF and open that file in Evince by double-clicking on it in the file manager.
- Print another two copies of the document, as before.
- Do the same from other applications, e.g. Firefox, gedit.
- For each print-out there should be four sheets of paper in the output tray in this order:
- A sheet with page 1 on one side and page 2 on the other
- A sheet with page 3 on one side and black on the other
- Another sheet with page 1 on one side and page 2 on the other
- Another sheet with page 3 on one side and blank on the other