QA:Testcase Virt Snapshot UI
Create, start, and delete snapshots with virt-manager.
Functioning virt host and VM. All VM OS welcome.
How to test
- Start with a shutoff VM in virt-manager
- Open the VM console/details. Click the snapshot icon in the toolbar.
- If the snapshot icon is desensitized, hover over the icon and check the tooltip. If you followed the test day instructions and created a new VM, it should be automatically set up to allow snapshoting.
- While the VM is turned off, take a snapshot.
- Start the VM. Log into the desktop.
- Take a new snapshot, snapshot2
- Open an application window in the VM, for example firefox.
- Take another snapshot, snapshot3
- Run snapshot 2, verify that when it is loaded, there's no application running on the VM desktop.
- Run snapshot 1, verify that the VM is now shutoff.
- Run snapshot 3, verify that the expected application is running the VM.
- Shutdown the VM and delete all the created snapshots.
No obvious errors occur.