QA:Testcase Virtualization URL Guest Install
Install a Fedora guest from an install tree URL using virt-install or virt-manager.
Nothing beyond initial test day setup.
How to test
- Run virt-manager (should autoconnect to qemu)
- Launch the 'New VM' wizard
- Choose the 'Network install' option
- Enter the following URL for the latest fedora development bits: http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/20-Alpha/Fedora/x86_64/os
- Press enter when the URL field is active: virt-manager should auto detect the URL as a recent fedora distro
- Proceed with through the wizard, using the default suggested values. On the final page, use the VM name: test-day-vm
- Start the install, and perform the install as you would on a normal machine.
An example virt-install invocation looks like
$> virt-install --name test-day-vm --ram 2048 \ --os-variant fedora20 \ --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/test-day-vm.img,size=10 \ --location http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/20-Alpha/Fedora/x86_64/os
Guest installations start and perform without any issues. Guest is bootable after install completes.