QA:Testcase desktop login
This test case tests whether the desktop log in, log out and shutdown operations work correctly.
How to test
- Do a default installation of the Fedora release you wish to test. Create two user accounts.
- Clean boot the system, and note what accounts are listed on the login screen.
- Log in with the first user account.
- Log out of the desktop.
- Log in with the second user account.
- Log out.
- Try to log in with either account, intentionally entering the wrong password.
- Test alternative actions - such as shut down, suspend, and restart - instead of logging in, if they are offered in the release being tested.
- Log in with any account, and test all session management (log out, switch user, shut down, reboot, suspend etc.) activities offered by the desktop.
- The login manager should display all regular user accounts, but not the root account, for selection.
- You should be able to log in with each configured user account and the correct password.
- You should be able to perform all session management activities offered by the desktop.
- Entering an incorrect password should return you to the account selection stage, with a warning/explanation message.
- The alternative actions (switch user, shut down, restart, suspend etc) should behave as expected.