This is a test case to check ibus typing booster is working as expected.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase i18n input method setup to configure the input method on the desktop in general.
- Install ibus typing booster using following command
dnf install ibus-typing-booster
dnf install python3-enchant
dnf install pyhunspell-python3
- (Installing python3-enchant and pyhunspell-python3 is optional, but at least one of these is installed, one will not only get completions but also spelling corrections. If both are installed, python3-enchant is preferred)
- Add some input sources which have (Hunspell) in the name.
How to test
- To commit the words you can use space key.
- To install dictionaries of your language use ibus-typing-boosters preferences window
- Try engines for different languages, especially interesting are languages where the native keyboard inputs non-ASCII characters (for example Russian, Greek)
- New words are getting added to the user database after commit, therefore one should notice that the system becomes more intelligent while typing because it remembers which words appear in which context
- To speed up the learning process, one can use the ibus-typing-booster setup tool to read some text files