QA:Testcase partitioning guided delete partial
This test case tests whether the installer can successfully remove some existing storage volumes and automatically partition in the freed-up space using the guided partitioning path, without affecting the retained volumes.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
- Ensure the target device contains multiple storage volumes, ideally one or more existing OS installations and data partitions.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single, blank target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the option to let the installer handle partitioning is set, and complete this screen.
- When prompted to free up space for the Fedora installation, use the Reclaim space option.
- On the Reclaim space screen, choose to delete some existing storage volumes (creating sufficient free space for the installation), but retain some others.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The storage volumes on the target disk that were chosen for deletion should be deleted.
- The storage volumes on the target disk that were not chosen to be deleted should not be deleted.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.