QA:Testcase radeon compositing manager
This test case tests whether compositing_manger setting of metacity works successfully with the Radeon video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to succeed)
- Ensure the file
/etc/X11/xorg.confdoes not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Run gconf-editor
- Follow apps->metacity->general from navigation toolbar left, check 'compositing_manager' checkbox. See whether everything works fine.
- The graphical desktop should be displayed correctly when 'compositing_manager' is checked
- With metacity's compositing enabled, window shadows and ALT-TAB with window screenshots should be displayed correctly.