QA:Testcase thermostat thread monitor
This test case tests whether the thread monitoring functionality as part of the Thermostat swing client works correctly.
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test.
- If thermostat is not installed yet, install thermostat.
- Start the thermostat storage and agent:
thermostat service &
- Start the thermostat Swing client:
How to test
- Select a JVM from the tree on the left
- Switch to the "Threads" tab
- Click the "Recording" button ("<" or play icon on the top right)
- Wait a few seconds
- Click on the same button again to stop recording
- Once you click the button, you should see timelines for threads, with one timeline per thread and with the appropriate color to show whether the thread is active, or sleeping (or doing something else)
- Clicking on the button the second the time stop any further updates to the chart