- Summary of aKademy
- Status of KDE4
- Status of redland and soprano
- Fallout of ICEauthority/sudo patch (#247455 )
- According to the aKademy participants, we (Fedora) seem to be the only distro to be committed to shipping KDE 4 (as the default KDE desktop anyway).
- All the distro folks at aKademy agreed that things should be parallel-installable in /usr. This doesn't include -devel though, for which a Conflicts is likely the only practical solution.
- KevinKofler has updated his KDM !ConsoleKit patch, RexDieter will incorporate it into future kdebase 4 builds.
- The other KDE 4 components (other than kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdebase) aren't packaged yet.
- Our patches need to be documented better.
- KevinKofler is willing to comaintain redland if needed.
- RexDieter has a preliminary specfile for soprano and will submit it for review within the next week.
- The ICEauthority/sudo hack does more bad then good on Fedora because we don't use sudo as much as Kubuntu, so it has been / will be reverted. Only upstream-sanctioned/approved solutions should be used here.