- 2009-07-28 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- kde4.3-rc3 status
- security fixes
- test day ideas
- KDE 4.3-rc3 is already built for rawhide.
- The packages in kde-redhat repository were also taken for a review of KDE 4.3.
- KevinKofler has committed the security fixes into CVS.
- The fix for CVE-2009-1725 (improper handling of numeric character references) seems incomplete and has to be updated again.
- ThanNgo will contact KDE Security Team because of the few security announcements in the past.
test day ideas:
- phonon-backend-gstreamer (#513421, already ON_DEV by ThanNgo)
- kpackagekit: installing unsigned packages
- WilliamStephenson gave a brief update on kde-networkmanagement development:
- The design of NetworkManager leaves many things up to the clients. Much of these weren't implemented in the current version.
- A redesign is now mostly implemented.
- Now 90% of the clients work is done by some libraries.
- Also the plasmoid is being rewritten to reflect these changes.
- A monolithic standalone systray applet (which was written to test these changes) is almost in a shippable state.
- The plasmoid itself isn't yet (some outstanding items: VPNC support, WPA-EAP, cellular support)