- 2009-08-18 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- add yum-presto to KDE live images as default? (see https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-August/msg00932.html)
- PolicyKit 1 Authentication Agent
- KDE 4.3.0 update status
yum-presto as default on KDE live images?:
- yum-presto was recently added to the GNOME (a.k.a. Desktop) live images to be used by default.
- It will also be added to the KDE live images.
PolicyKit 1 Authentication Agent:
- The Polkit1 Authentification agent is not ready to use with KPackageKit.
- Although PackageKit-qt shouldn't need to be updated (up to RichardHughes) only a ported KPackageKit is working.
- With the current KPackageKit gnome-authentification-agent is also not working.
- A newer KPackageKit (with updated method calls) will be released by the end of the week. With it gnome-authentification-agent should be working.
- But a KDE based authentification agent would still be a good thing.
KDE 4.3.0 update status:
- The received feedback was quite good so far.
- An updated selinux-policy is needed to be pushed to stable with/before KDE 4.3.0 to don't fail suspend to ram in enforcing mode. (#516824).
- It also needs to be checked if F-10 is also affected by this.
- Two known regressions are left:
- The first one needs a kconf_update script to be written. (plasma binary was renamed to plasma-desktop).
- Updated extragear packages are already in updates-testing for F-10 and F-11 and will hit Rawhide after the freeze.
- akonadi has become a direct dependency of kdebase-workspace at compile time.
- We'll need to investigate if akonadi is really an optional package and if we
- a) could split the dependency into a subpackage of kdebase-workspace and
- b) disable the requirement for other packages without loosing functionality.