- Automated ("mass") install within a larger Linux infrastructure (e.g. PXE is an option, may have LDAP/IPA)
- Manual install without a supporting infrastructure (e.g. the very first Linux server)
- Guided role installation (eg. Server Roles should be installable by an inexperienced administrator with little difficulty)
- Where possible, existing servers and installed roles should be upgradable to new releases with minimal involvement by the admin
- Producing an upgrade compatibilty matrix at least for the roles we say we feature.
- Roles should be installable at install time (e.g. in Anaconda) and post-install.
- Replication of an existing server (Based on discussion, not sure this is needed... deferred for later)
- etckeeper and augeas was noted here
- question about how to track installs like gem installs
- Compatibility with deployment systems (e.g., install server roles via central admin console like Satellite Server / Spacewalk)
- Offline installs of roles (ie provide tools so products can just run an infrastructure helper that spits out an ISO)
- Use case would be a secure site that can't access the internet... they want to install a server + roles without direct net access.