Spins SIG Review Checklist
- The Spin should have a Spins Page approved by the Spins Wrangler (check Wiki page Category Spins_Ready_for_SIG, and who moved it there)
- The kickstart must validate:
$ ksvalidator -i ''/path/to/kickstart/file''
- The kickstart must flatten properly (check
$ ksflatten -c ''/path/to/kickstart/file'' -o ''/tmp/ks.cfg''
- The kickstart may use any of these kickstarts to base itself upon:
- Using a different kickstart as a basis of your spin, means that the basis of your spin is a non-permanent spin.
- The kickstart may have either of the following:
part / 4096
part / 8192
- Any changes should be noted and motivated, as using a larger size may cause the Spin to go out-of-boundary for either CD or DVD sizes, and in case of DVD, may cause the squashfs image to be over 4GiB in size.
- The kickstart must not have --ignoremissing to %packages
- The kickstart must not have --nochroot to %post
- The kickstart should not alter the behaviour of packages, and any changes to application configuration files should therefore be motived (Spins page) and audited (risk, impact, feasibility, maintainability and motivation vs. targetted audience/scope of the Spin).
- No additional repository configuration is allowed
- All packages must exist in the Fedora repositories
- All packages used from rawhide must land in the next Fedora release (e.g. no packages used from rawhide may be blocked from the appropriate Fedora GA release koji tag)
- The maintainer(s) of the spin must be listed (name and email), or the link to the Wiki page of the SIG maintaining the Spin should be listed.
General Compose Requirements
- The kickstart must compose using livecd-tools (Live Spins) or pungi (Installation Spins)
- Exemption for Appliance OS spins???
- The requirement here is to get a .iso file, not larger then a CD (700MB) and not larger then a DVD (4.0GiB to allow the .iso file to be saved on vfat filesystems -such as Windows users often use, and USB sticks)
- The kickstart may not have any missing dependencies
- Bugs should be logged against the packages missing dependencies
- Bugs should be listed as dependencies in the Spins Page
- A maintainer or SIG maintaining the Spin should pursue resolving these bugs
- The kickstart must not have any excludes (
-packagename) yet include the package in the transaction applied to the Spins' filesystem (Live Spin), or in the RPM payload (Installation Spin)
- The kickstart should not exclude or deselect non-existent packages
The runtime requirements are requirements that either summarize, or complement them.
- Must boot
- Must allow automatic login
- Password-less root account
- The features that make the Spin unique must work
- In case of the games spin, all games should start
- In case of the foo spin, foo better be on the spin
In conjunction with Release Engineering and the Fedora Infrastructure teams, the total size of all spins cannot exceed X.
In conjunction with Release Engineering and the Quality Assurance teams, the total number of spins cannot exceed Y.