Summer coding promotion plan 2009
This page is for planning Fedora's promotion of the 2009 Summer of Code.
Primary promotional needs
- Getting ideas in the Summer coding ideas for 2009 page.
- Seeking mentors.
- Some are mentors for actual projects
- Some are general mentors who read proposals, etc.
- Heavy promotion to existing Fedorans who might participate in the GSoC
- Heavy promotion at universities/colleges via Ambassadors and Campus Ambassadors
- General promotion external to the project
Secondary promotional needs
- During the coding Summer, student blog posts should help draw attention
- As projects progress, elicit feedback from mentors on how projects are progressing
- Looking for great stories to (re)tell