I am Aditya Patawari, currently working as Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer at BrowserStack.com. Before this I was a Developer - Operations at Directi Internet Solutions. I play around with EL, Puppet, Nagios, Python, cloud both as a part of my work and as a hobby.
Red Hat was my first distro when I was in class XI, after that I have tried a number of distros and finally I am stuck with fedora as my main OS. I love tux and kde. I am a die hard linux supporter and an open source developer.
- email : aditya AT adityapatawari DOT com
- irc nick : adimania. I hang out at #fedora-india and #fedora-admin
- fedora account user-name : adimania
- Blog : blog.adityapatawari.com[] and devel.adityapatawari.com[]
- Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Within Fedora Project
- Fedora Infra
- [former] SysAdmin for Badges
- Migration to Ansible
- Any other easy fix tasks lying around
- Fedora Packager, main contact for fedora-dockerfiles package as well as upstream contributor for fedora-dockerfiles.
- Co-maintainer for docker-io package for EL6.
- Fedora Ambassador
- Fedora Packager and maintainer for kfilefactory (dormant)
- Former Fedora Summer Coding Funded Student
Speaker at following events
- On Project Atomic at CentOS Dojo 2014, Bangalore, India, Rootconf 2015, Bangalore, India and Flock 2015, Rochester, USA.
- One of the organizer and speaker for the container track at FUDCon, Pune, 2015
- On Docker for beginners at Flock 2014, Prague, Czech Republic
- On Ansible Usage at Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) 2014 Beijing, China, at RootConf 2014, Bangalore, India, Northeast Linux Fest 2014, Boston, USA and at Flock 2014, Prague, Czech Republic
- On Puppet usage in Cloud Environment at Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) 2012 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- On Automating Linux Systems using Puppet at Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) 2011 and at GNUnify 2012, Pune, India
- On Fedora KDE Netbook Spin at FOSS.in 2010, India’s largest open source event
- I hack around raspberry pi. I maintain a spin-off of Raspbian which runs ownCloud out of the box.
- I authored a book, Getting Started with ownCloud.
- I write many Linux and related tutorials on my blog.
- Former Administrator of Birla Institute Of Technology Linux User Group and currently promoting fedora, organizing workshops and install fests.
- Worked as the Network administrator of Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra, India and make sure that every new fedora release find its place in "message of the day" column.
- Maintained the local fedora repository of my college.
- Working as a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer.